1.What of the following is not true about SAFAR?
a)It is an Air Quality and Weather Forecast System
b)It was developed indigenously by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune and operationalized by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
c)SAFAR will increase public awareness and preparedness for air pollution and weather forecasting and Research. d)None of the above.
- SAFAR envisages a research based management system where strategies of air pollution mitigation go hand in hand with nation’s economic development to target a win-win scenario. Through SAFAR know the City Air Quality- Over all city pollution and Location specific Air Quality- A relative contribution of different environments in a city Under the plan scheme “Metropolitan Advisories for Cities for Sports, Tourism (Metropolitan Air Quality and Weather Services), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India, has introduced a major national initiative, “System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research” known as “SAFAR” for greater metropolitan cities of India to provide location specific information on air quality in near real time and its forecast 1-3 days in advance for the first time in India. It has been combined with the early warning system on weather parameters. The SAFAR system is developed by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, along with ESSO partner institutions namely India Meteorological Department (IMD) and National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF). The implementation of SAFAR is made possible with an active collaboration with local municipal corporations and various local educational institutions and governmental agencies in that Metro city . The ultimate objective of the project is to increase awareness among general public regarding the air quality in their city well in advance so that appropriate mitigation measures and systematic action can be taken up for betterment of air quality and related health issues. It engineers awareness drive by educating public, prompting self-mitigation and also to help develop mitigation strategies for policy makers.
2. Which of the following is/are false in context with Rani ki Vav ?
a)It is believed to have been built by Rani Udaymati.
b) Rani Udaymati belonged to Solanki dynasty of Patan.
c)Rani-ki-Vav was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 2016.
d)Most of the sculptures are in devotion of Vishnu, in the forms of Dashavatar, with eye-catching images of Varaha, Narasimha, Rama and Kalki.
- This stepwell was built by the Solanki dynasty’s queen Udayamati in the 11th century as a memorial to her deceased husband Bhimdev I. Over the years, as the Saraswati river changed its course, the massive structure was flooded and lay buried until its excavation by the Archaeological Survey of India in the late 1980s. Siltation has preserved the structure intact over the centuries. Rani-ki-Vav highlights the sanctity of water as it is designed as an inverted temple under the earth’s surface. The central theme is the Dasavataras, or ten incarnations of Vishnu, including Buddha. The avatars are accompanied by sadhus, brahmins, and apsaras (celestial dancers). The stepwell is not just a subterranean water storage system but also an architectural wonder. It is divided into seven levels of stairs with sculptured panels of high artistic quality, featuring over 500 sculptures and over 1,000 minor ones combining religious, mythological and secular imagery, often referencing literary works. At the fourth level is the water tank. Maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), Rani-ki-Vav was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 2014. It is located in Patan, about 125 km from Ahmedabad.
3. Which of the following are false in context with No Confidence motion?
a)If it is passed in Parliament , the council of ministers must resign from the office.
b)It can be moved against the entire council of ministers only.
c)The motion needs the support of 50 members to be admitted.
d)All are true.
4. Which of the following are false about border haats?
a)Recently, first meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Committee on Border Haats was held in Agartala, Tripura. b)Border Haats (or rural market) aims at promoting the well-being of the people dwelling in remote areas across the borders of two countries.
c)It seeks to establish traditional system of marketing local produce thorough local markets in local currency or according to barter basis.
d)None of the above.
- Functional Border Haats on India Bangladesh Border
◦ Kalaichar (Meghalaya),
◦Balat (Meghalaya), ◦Kamlasagar (Tripura) and
◦ Srinagar (Tripura)
5 . From Today’s Lecture Which of the following is true in context with Finance Commission?
a)Article 250 of the constitution provides for a Finance Commission as a quasi judicial body.
b)It is mandatory for the President to constitute such a FC every five years.
c)They are eligible for reappointment.
d)The Constitution authorizes the President to determine the qualifications of the members and the manner in which they should be selected.
6 . From INFRA 1 & 2 Which of the following is true in context with Bharatmala project?
1. Enhanced focus on improving connectivity in North East and leveraging synergies with Inland Waterways.
2. National Highways Authority of India has created a National Highways Investment PromotionCell (NHIPC) for attracting domestic and foreign investment for highways projects.
3. National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched Logistic Efficiency Enhancement Programme (LEEP) aimed to enhance the freight transportation in India.
A. 2 Only
B. 1 & 3 only
C. All are correct
D. None of the above is correct
- A total of around 24,800 kms are being considered in Phase I of Bharatmala which is to be implemented over a five years period of i.e. 2017-18 to 2021-22.
In addition, Bharatmala Pariyojana phase -I also includes 10,000 kms of balance road works under NHDP, taking the total to 34,800 km.
Bharatmala Project category: o Economic Corridor o Feeder Route or Inter Corridor o National Corridor Efficiency Improvement o Border Road and International Connectivity o Port Connectivity and Coastal Road o Green Field Expressway o Balance NHDP Works.