1) Look at following characteristics :
– Rainfall is less than 50 cm annually
– Mean temperature is around 25-30 deg Celsius
– Trees are not tall (6-10 m) and widely scattered
– Scrub vegetation like wild date palm and Neem They can be found in –
a) Plains of UP and Bihar
b) Eastern MP and Chhattisgarh
c) Semi arid areas of Punjab and Haryana
d) Eastern Ghats
2) During the time of western disturbances, Sun shines directly over (or nearby).
a) Tropic of Cancer
c) Tropic of Capricorn
d) South Pole
3) Why oceans in northern Hemisphere are warmer than Southern Hemisphere?
a) Unequal distribution of land and water
b) Difference in insolation
c) Tilt of earth axis
d) Presence of frozen continental mass (Antarctica) in southern Hemisphere
4) Which of the following statements are incorrect with regard to Ocean Currents?
1. The speed of currents decreases with depth.
2. Cold currents are usually found on the west coast of continents in low and middle lattitudes
3. Ocean currents move in a clockwise direction in Southern hemisphere and anti-clockwise in northern hemisphere
4. Warm ocean currents are wide and deep while cold ocean currents are narrow and shallow .
a) 3 and 4 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 4 only
d) 1 and 3 only
5) Identify the incorrect pair of Gulfs and places they separate.
a) Gulf of Lyon- England and France
b) Gulf of Tonkin-China And Vietnam
c) Gulf of Tatary- Russia and Sea of Japan
d) Gulf of Aqabah- Red sea, Egypt and Israel