1.Which of the following are members of both RCEP & BIMSTEC?
B) Only 1 & 2
C)1, 2, 3 and 5
D)1, 2 and 3 only
15th ASEAN Economic Ministers – India Consultation is held in
Singapore is current Chair of ASEAN.
Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic
Seven nations of South Asia and South East Asia Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal
Countries dependent on the Bay of Bengal Leadership is rotated in alphabetical order of country names.
The permanent secretariat is in Dhaka.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations 10 Southeast Asian countries Brunei Cambodia Indonesia Laos Malaysia Myanmar Philippines Singapore Thailand
RCEP further includes – India, China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Japan
2. Which of the following is true about Swadhar Greh Scheme?
1) It is envisaged under Juvenile Justice Amendment Bill, 2018 for Juvenile delinquents.
2) Ministry of Home Affairs will be the implementing agency for the same.
A. Only 1
B. Only 2
C.Both 1 and 2
D. None of the above
It was launched by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development
It targets the women victims of difficult circumstances who are in need of institutional support For rehabilitation so that they could lead their life with dignity.
The Scheme envisages providing shelter, food, clothing and health as well as economic and social security for these women.
The beneficiaries include –
Widows deserted by their families and relatives Women prisoners released from jail and without family support
Women survivors of natural disasters Women victims of terrorist/extremist violence etc
Under the Scheme, Swadhar Greh will be set up in every district with capacity of 30 women with the following objectives:
– To cater to the primary need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress and who are without any social and economic support.
– To enable them to regain their emotional strength that gets hampered due to their encounter with unfortunate circumstances.
– To provide them with legal aid and guidance to enable them to take steps for their readjustment in family/society.
– To rehabilitate them economically and emotionally.
– To act as a support system that understands and meets various requirements of women in distress.
– To enable them to start their life afresh with dignity and conviction.
3. Which of the following could be considered as potential benefits of implementing Public Credit Registry in India?
1. PCR will address issues such as information asymmetry, improve access to credit and strengthen the credit culture among consumers
2. It can also address the bad loan problem.
3. It may also help raise India’s rank in the global ease of doing business index.
A. Only 1
B. Only 2 and 3
C. 1 and 2 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
Public Credit Registry is a database of credit information which is accessible by all the stakeholders.
A public credit registry is an information loan information of individuals and
repository that collates all corporate borrowers.
A credit repository helps banks distinguish between a bad and a good borrower and accordingly offer attractive interest rates to good borrowers and higher interest rates to bad borrowers.
It generally captures all the relevant information in one large database on the borrower.
It will be managed by a public authority as RBI and the lenders will have to mandatorily report the loan details.
PCR will address issues such as information asymmetry, improve access to credit and strengthen the credit culture among consumers
It can also address the bad loan problem staring at banks, as corporate debtors will not be able to borrow across banks without disclosing existing debt.
A PCR may also help raise India’s rank in the global ease of doing business index.
4. With reference to Hope spots, consider the following statements –
1. It is any special place that is critical to the health of the ocean.
2. Both Andaman and Nicobar Islands as well as Lakshadweep group of islands were named as the “hope spots”.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
A. Only 1
B. Only 2
C.Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 and 2
Hope Spots are ecologically unique areas of the ocean designated for protection under a global conservation campaign overseen by Mission Blue.
A non-profit organization founded by Sylvia Earle with her 2009 TED prize wish.
It is an area of an ocean that needs special protection because of its wildlife and significant underwater habitats.
The two groups of islands are the first places in India to have been added in the global ‘hope spots list.
– Andamans & Nicobar Island has some of world’s unique species of birds and plants.
– In the case of Lakshadweep, the coral reefs are quite sensitive to the ocean environment and that needs protection.
5. Consider the following statements –
1.Organisms which can tolerate and thrive in a wide range of temperatures are called Stenothermal.
2.Organisms which are restricted to a narrow range of temperatures are called Eurythermal.
Which of the above statements are incorrect?
C.Both i and ii
D.Neither i nor ii