1) Which of the following is true in context of VIBGYOR –
i. Blue light has longer wavelengths than the red light.
ii. Angle of deviation by a prism is not the same for all the wavelength.
iii. The blue is deviated least and the red the most.
A. 1 only
B. 3 only
C. 2 only
D. All of the above
Red light has longer wavelengths than the blue light.
Angle of deviation by a prism is not the same for all the wavelength.
The red is deviated least and the violet most.
2) States are supposed to constitute a State Finance Commission (SFC) every –
A. 4 Years
B. 5 Years
D. There is no provision of forming a SFC
- States are also supposed to constitute a quinquennial, every 5-years,
- State Finance Commission (SFC) to determine the share of their financial resources going to the local tiers, analogous to the Finance Commissions at the union level.
3) Which of the following are included under NAPCC?
i. National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem
ii.National Water Mission
iii.National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture
iv.National Action Programme to Combat Desertification
A. i, ii and iv Only
B. ii, iii and iv Only
C. i, ii and iii Only
D. All of the Above
- National action plan on climate change (NAPCC) Government of India has launched eight Missions as part of NAPCC in specific areas
which include assessment of the impact of climate change and actions needed to address climate change
1. National Solar Mission
2. National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency
3. National Mission on Sustainable Habitat
4. National Water Mission
5. National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem
6. National Mission for a “Green India”
7. National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture
8. National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change
4) Logistics Performance Index is released by
5) What is meant by Stranded Carbon?
A.It refers to fossil fuel energy resources that will never be burnt if the world is to adhere to a given
B.It refers to fossil fuel energy resources that have been burnt and are present in the atmosphere.
C.The carbon dioxide that has been geoengineered back into the Earth.
D.None of the Above
It refers to fossil fuel energy resources that cannot be burnt if the world is to adhere to a given carbon budget.
Therefore some of proven reserves of fossil fuels will never be burnt and will remain stranded.