1) Which of the following is true in context of Services Trade –
i. Mode 1 — Consumption abroad
ii. Mode 2 — Cross border trade
iii. Mode 3 — Commercial presence
iv. Mode 4 — Presence of natural persons
A. i & ii only
B. iii & iv only
C. None of the above
D. All of the above
- The definition of services trade under the GATS is four-pronged, depending on the territorial presence of the supplier and the consumer at the time of the
transaction. Pursuant to Article I:2, the GATS covers services supplied from the territory of one Member into the territory of any other Member
(Mode 1 — Cross border trade);
in the territory of one Member to the service consumer of any other Member
(Mode 2 — Consumption abroad);by a service supplier of one Member, through commercial presence, in the
territory of any other Member
(Mode 3 — Commercial presence);
by a service supplier of one Member, through the presence of natural persons of
a Member in the territory of any other Member
(Mode 4 — Presence of natural persons).
2) Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise is known as –
- Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Army Exercise ‘KAZIND’ will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army from 10 to 23 Sep 2018 in Otar region, Kazakhstan. This is the third joint military exercise between the two countries which have a history of extensive cooperation in the defence arena. The second edition of the exercise was held in India last year.
3) To showcase India’s rich maritime heritage through development of a World Class Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at –
- The Ministry of Shipping, through its flagship programme Sagarmala, is closely working with Government of Gujarat and other stakeholders
to showcase India’s rich maritime heritage through development of a World Class Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal in Gujarat.
- Preliminary work on design elements of the proposed heritage complex has been completed and consultations from experts are now under process. In order to further plan and take the project forward, a one day consultation workshop was held at Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sanghralaya in Mumbai.
4) Which of the following is true in context of Battle of Haifa –
i. It is located in present day Egypt
ii. Here the forces of British Empire won over the forces of Ottoman Empire
A. i only
B. ii only
C. BothD. None
- i. It is located in present day Israel
ii. Here the forces of British Empire won over the forces of Ottoman Empire The Embassy of India held a ceremony in Haifa to mark the
Centenary of the Battle of Haifa when on 23 Sep 1918, India soldiers from the Jodhpur, Mysore and Hyderabad Lancers
liberated the city of Haifa.
5) What is meant by IOWave18?
A. A major inter-governmental IT exercise showcasing the importance of Cyber Security
B. A major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock exercise
C. A major inter-governmental Naval exercise showcasing the importance of submarines
D. None of the Above
- India, along with 23 other Indian Ocean Nations, participated in a major Indian ocean-wide tsunami mock exercise (drill) on 4th& 5thSeptember, 2018. The Exercise, known as IOWave18,was organized by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of
UNESCO, which coordinated the setting up of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (IOTWMS) in the aftermath of the 26 December 2004 tsunami.In India, IOWave18 is being coordinated by the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) with support from National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), Ministry of Home
Affairs (MHA), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and the Coastal States/UTs.