1) Among various key words mentioned in Preamble, Fraternity which means sense of brotherhood, holds special importance. Which of the following constitutional provisions promotes fraternity among citizens of India?
i. Single citizenship
ii. Fundamental Duties
iii. Fundamental Rights
iv. Directive Principles of State Policy [A] i only
[B] i and ii only
[C] i, ii and iv only
[D] All of the above
- Single citizenship promotes a feeling of fraternity/brotherhood.
- Fundamental Duties (Art 51-A) say that it shall be the duty of every citizen of India to promote harmony and the spirit of
- Some provisions of Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles ensure the dignity of the individual.
- The Preamble declares that fraternity has to assure two things -dignity of individual and the unity and integrity of the nation.
2. Which of the following Directive Principles of State Policy were added by 42nd Amendment Act of 1976?
[A] To separate the judiciary from the executive in the public services of the State
[B] To secure opportunities for healthy development of children
[C] To protect monuments, places and objects of interest which are declared to be of national artistic or historic importance
[D] To prohibit the slaughter of cows, calves and other milch and draught cattle and to improve their breeds.
Four Directive Principles were added by 42nd amendment as follows:
*To secure opportunities for healthy development of children (Article 39)
*To promote equal justice and to provide free legal aid to the poor (Article 39 A)
*To take steps to secure the participation of workers in the management of industries (Article 43 A)
*To protect and improve the environment and to safeguard forests and wild life (Article 48 A).
3) Who among the following ranks highest in the order of precedence, among these?
[A] Speaker of Lok Sabha
[B] Former President
[C] Deputy Prime Minister
[D] Governor of a state within his state
- Rank 1 President of India
➢Rank 2 Vice President of India
➢Rank 3 Prime Minister of India
➢Rank 4 Governors of States in their respective States
➢Rank 5 Former Presidents
➢Rank5(A) Deputy Prime Minister
➢Rank 6 Chief Justice of India. Speaker of Lok Sabha
➢Rank 7 Cabinet Ministers of the Union; Chief Ministers of States in their respective States; Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission; Former Prime Ministers; Leaders of Opposition in Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha
➢Rank7(A) Holders of Bharat Ratna decoration
➢Rank 8 Ambassadors Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary and High Commissioners of Commonwealth countries accredited to India; Governors of States outside their respective States; Chief Ministers of States outside their respective States
➢Rank 9 Judges of the Supreme Court
➢Rank9(A) Chief Election Commissioner; Comptroller & Auditor General of India
➢Rank 10 Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha; Deputy Chief Ministers of States; Deputy Speaker, Lok Sabha;
➢Members of Planning Commission; Members of State of the Union (and any other Ministers in the Ministry of Defence for Defence Matters)
4) Which committee do the following points refer to?
– The origin of this committee can be traced to the standing financial committee set up in 1921.
– All the thirty members are from Lok Sabha only.
– The chairman of the committee is appointed by the Speaker from amongst its members and he is invariably from the ruling party.
[B] Committee on Public Undertakings
[C] Financial Committee
[D] Public Accounts Committee
5) The following features are of which type of government?
1. Single executive
3. Political homogeneity may not exist
4. Single membership
5. No dissolution of Lower House
[B] Presidential Form
- These are the features of Presidential Form.
1. Single executive
2. President and legislators elected separately for a fixed term
4. Political homogeneity may not exist
5. Single membership
6. Domination of president
7. No dissolution of Lower House
8. Separation of powers