1) Which of the following are correct in context with Nominated members of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha?
A. President must nominate 12 members to Rajya Sabha for a period of 6 years or above.
B. The members nominated by the President to Rajya Sabha are persons having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of such matters as literature, science, art, sports and social service.
C. The nominated members of either House of Parliament do not participate in the impeachment of the President as they do not participate in his election as well.
D. President must nominate 2 members from Anglo Indian Community to Lok Sabha.
E. None of the above
2.Which of the following is correct?
A. New WPI (Wholesale Price Index) series is computed by using Arithmetic mean of item level indices.
B. Fuel and Power have the highest weightage in WPI.
C. CPI generally moves at a lag with respect to WPI.
D. WPI and PPI both cover services
◦ WPI captures the price changes at the point of bulk transactions and may include some taxes levied and distribution costs up to the stage of wholesale transactions
◦ The item level indices are being compiled based on statistically robust Geometric mean as compared to Arithmetic mean used in the WPI 2004-05 series.
◦ The index basket of the WPI covers commodities falling under the three major groups namely Primary Articles, Fuel and Power and Manufactured products. (The index basket of the present 2011-12 series has a total of 697 items including 117 items for Primary Articles, 16 items for Fuel & Power and 564 items for Manufactured Products PPI
◦ PPI measures the average change in prices received by the producer and excludes indirect taxes.
◦ Weights of items in PPI is calculated on the basis of Supply Use tables.
NOTE: ◦ While PPI covers the services, the WPI does not cover services.
◦ CPI measures the change in average prices that a consumer pays.
◦ Weights of items in CPI is derived from Consumer Expenditure Surveys.
◦ The CPI (consumer price indices) still compiled in India are i) CPI for Industrial workers CPI(IW) ii) CPI for Agricultural Labourers CPI(AL) iii) CPI for Rural Labourers
The CPI for Urban Non Manual Employees has been discontinued
3.Which of the following is correct w.r.t Diabetes?
1) Type 2 Diabetes, is a form of diabetes in which not enough insulin is produced. This results in high blood sugar levels in the body.
2) Type 1 Diabetes is a problem with your body that causes blood glucose (sugar) levels to rise higher than normal.
3) Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes.
A. 1 and 2 only
B. Only 1
C. Only 2 and 3
D. Only 3
What is Insulin?
Insulin is a hormone that the body needs to get glucose from the bloodstream into the cells of the body.
In type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The body breaks down the sugars and starches you eat into a simple sugar called glucose, which it uses for energy.
In type 2 diabetes your body does not use insulin properly. This is called insulin resistance. At first, your pancreas makes extra insulin to make up for it. But, over time it isn’t able to keep up and can’t make enough insulin to keep your blood glucose at normal levels.
4) ( This type of questions has been asked in Prelims) Which of the following is matched correctly ?
1. Know India Programme: Ministry of Culture
2. Hriday Scheme: Ministry of Tourism
3. Bharatmala Pariyojana: Minsitry of Road, Transport and Highways
4. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Yojana : Minsitry of AYUSH
5. Eklavya Model residential Schools : Ministry of Education
A. 3 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 1,2, 3 and 5 only
D. All of the above
- 1) Bharatmala Pariyojana: Minsitry of Road, Transport and Highways
2) Hriday Scheme: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
3) Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Yojana : Minsitry of Chemicals and fertilizers..
4) Know India Programme: Ministry of External affairs
5) Eklavya Model residential Schools : Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) – From today’s Lecture The strength of the Supreme Court can be increased by (previously asked in UPSC)
C. Supreme Court