1) Which of the following statements are correct with regard to “small data”?
A. It involves using fewer data to train algorithms particularly in manufacturing and internet of things to aid human comprehension.
B. It involves tiny bits of data that help in the effective working of big data
C. It involves using data for snooping and spying purposes
D. It involves confidential data required for studying human behaviour and actions so as to predict their behavior better
- Small data involves using fewer data to train algorithms particularly in manufacturing and internet of things to aid human comprehension. The term “big data” is about machines and “small data” is about people. This is to say that eyewitness observations or five pieces of related data could be small data. Small data is what we used to think of as data. The only way to comprehend Big data is to reduce the data into small, visually-appealing objects representing various aspects of large data sets (such as histogram, charts, and scatter plots). Big Data is all about finding correlations, but Small Data is all about finding the causation.
2) Which of these countries China setting to an ocean observatory in the Indian Ocean region?
- A Joint Ocean Observation Station which China is looking to create. The observatory location in Makunudhoo, the westernmost atol in the north Maldives (not far from India), will allow will allow the Chinese a vantage point of an important India
3) Consider the following with respect to ‘Test and Treat Policy for HIV patients’.
i. All people living with HIV are given antiretroviral therapy regardless of their CD4 count, clinical stage or age.
ii. Only people with CD4 counts higher than 500 are given antiretroviral therapy.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
A. Only i
B. Only ii
C. Both of the above
- The Government has launched the ‘Test and Treat Policy for HIV patients’ in April 2017. As per this policy all people living with HIV (PLHIV) are to be treated with Antiretro Viral Therapy regardless of CD4 count, clinical stage, age or population. Before this policy, only people with CD4 counts higher than 500 were given medicines. The National Strategic Plan for HIV/AIDS and STI 2017-24 has been approved in June 2017.
4) Which of the following are correctly matched wrt India’s trade relations?
i. ASEAN A. FTA
ii. Japan B. CEPA
iii. South Korea C. CEPA
Choose the correct option:
A. Only i
B. Only i and ii
C. Only iii
- India has Free Trade Agreements with Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreements with Japan and South Korea now place us in parallel with the dynamic, fast-growing countries to our east.
5) Often in news, which of the following is true with regard to RBI’s PCA framework?
1. RBI introduces Prompt Coordinated Action when the Bank’s financial conditions worsen below certain limits.
2. The limit set are in the form of 4 parameters which are called trigger points– CRAR, Net NPA, Return on Assets and leverage ratio.
3. The PCA framework is applicable only to commercial banks and not extended to co-operative banks, non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and MFIs
A. Only 1
B. Only 1 and 2
C. Only 2
D. Only 2 and 3
- PCA framework refers to Prompt Corrective Action by RBI. RBI has issued a policy action guideline (first in May 2014 and revised effective from April 1, 2017) in the form of Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) Framework if a commercial bank’s financial condition worsens below a mark. The PCA framework specifies the trigger points or the level in which the RBI will intervene with corrective action. These trigger points are expressed in terms of parameters for the banks.