1) Asian Development Outlook, an annual publication is produced by the:
B. Asian Development Bank
C. World Bank
D. World Economic Outlook
- Source www.livemint.com/Money/W2e77nijtWGbgIbNfJgfVN/The-impact-of-US-Fed-policy-onemerging-markets.html
2) Consider the following countries:
Which of the above countries are included in the SAARC grouping?
A. i, ii and iii only
B. ii, iii and iv only
C.i, iii and iv only
D.All of the above
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of nations in South Asia.
Its member states include – Afghanistan – Bangladesh – Bhutan – India – Nepal – the Maldives – Pakistan and – Sri Lanka
3) Which of the following is/are correct about PM’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC)?
i. Economic Advisory Council is a non-constitutional, nonpermanent and independent body constituted to give economic advice to Prime Minister of India
ii. It is the first time that this body is constituted
iii. Bibek Debroy is the current PMEAC Chairman
A. i and ii
B. ii and iii
C. i and iii
D. All of the above
- The PMEAC has been constituted several times since the independence of India. In the latest occurrence, Prime minister Modi revived the body on September 25, 2017. Currently PMEAC chairman post is held by Bibek Debroy. The previous Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC) Chairman C. Rangarajan resigned on 19 May 2014.
4) Which of the following is true in context of NSG (Nuclear Suppliers Group) –
i. The NSG was known originally as the “London Club”.
ii. NSG is not a treaty-based organisation.
A. i only
B. ii only
- NSG is not a treaty-based organisation, the use of “member” or “Member State” is not used in the NSG. There are currently 48 Participating Governments (PGs) of the NSG. The NSG, known originally as the “London Club,” convened a series of meetings to facilitate a consistent interpretation of the obligations arising from that Article among major suppliers in and outside of the NPT, following the explosion in 1974 of a nuclear device by a nonnuclear-weapon State, an event which demonstrated that nuclear technology transferred for peaceful purposes could be misused.
5) Who issues the Entrepreneurial Vision Award won by the Cochin Airport?
- Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL), the first fully solar-powered airport in the world, has won the UN environment award for Entrepreneurial Vision. The first greenfield airport to be built under public private partnership got the award for using sustainable energy.