1. Which of the following are true in context with RYTHU BANDHU SCHEME ?
1) Rythu Bandhu Scheme will provide financial assistance to all farmers of Telangana for purchasing Seeds, Fertilizers, Pesticides and for other labour and investments.
2)Under this, the Telangana government gives every beneficiary farmer Rs 4,000 per acre as “investment support” before every crop season.
3)This scheme can be associated with blue box Subsidy.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) All of the Above
2.Which of the following is matched incorrectly?
a)NH 1: New Delhi – Amritsar.
b)NH 2: Delhi – Kolkata.
c)NH 3: Agra – Kandla
d)NH 11: Agra – Bikaner
3. Which of the following Plates can be associated with African Continent?
1)Nazca Plate 2)Somalian plate 3)Nubian Plate
a)2 and 3 only
c)1 and 3 only
d)1,2 and 3 only
4. The Applications of STEM CELLS can be associated with which of the following ?
1)Bone marrow transplants (BMT)
3)Brain cell transplantation
4)Treatment for diabetes
5)Sickle cell anemia
a)1,2,4,5 and 6
b)1,3 ,5 and 6
c)2 ,3 5 and 6
d)All of the above
- ◦ Stem cells are unspecialized cells that develop into the specialized cells that make up the different types of tissue in the human body.
◦ They are characterized by the ability to renew themselves through mitotic cell division and differentiating into a diverse range of specialized cell types.
◦ They are vital to the development, growth,maintenance, and repair of our brains, bones, muscles, nerves, blood, skin, and other organs ◦ The goal of any stem cell therapy is to repair a damaged tissue that can’t heal itself.
5. – From today’s Lecture India is not a member of :
a)International Development Association (IDA)
b)International Finance Corporation (IFC)
c)Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
d)International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
6. – BONUS QUESTION (FROM OUR TEST SERIES – JANUARY CURRENT AFFAIRS)
◦With reference to “Legatum Prosperity Index”, recently in news, which of the following statement is best indicator of the Index?
a) The Index is the world’s leading global measure of economic and social well being
b)The Index is the world’s leading global measure of agriculture growth in developing countries mostly
c)The Index is the world’s leading global measure of pollution level.
d)The Index is the world’s leading global measure of scientific development
- LEGATUM PROSPERITY INDEX
◦The Legatum Prosperity Index is the world’s leading global measure of economic and social wellbeing that studies 104 indicators under these categories: Economic Quality, Business Environment, Governance, Personal Freedom, Social Capital, Safety and Security, Education, Health and Natural Environment.
◦The Index offers a unique insight into how prosperity is forming and changing across the world.
◦It is developed by the Legatum Institute, a division of the private investment firm Legatum