1) Which of the following is true in context of National Register of Citizens (NRC) –
i. The modalities for NRC updates have been developed jointly by the Government of Assam and the Government of India in adherence to the Constitution because Citizenship is a subject of concurrent list.
ii. Persons whose names appear in any of the Electoral Rolls up to 24 March (midnight), 1971 are eligible to be citizens of India.
iii. All the names appearing in the NRC, 1951, or any of the Electoral Rolls up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 together are called Legacy Data.
A. i & ii only
B. ii & iii only
C. i & iii only
D. All are correct
- Citizenship is a subject of Union list. The National Register of Citizens (NRC) is the register containing names of Indian CITIZENS. The only time that a National Register of Citizens (NRC) was prepared was in 1951 when after conduct of the Census of 1951, the NRC was prepared by recording particulars of all the persons enumerated during that Census.
- The NRC will be now updated to include the names of those persons (or their descendants) who appear in the NRC, 1951, or in any of the Electoral Rolls up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 or in any one of the other admissible documents issued upto mid-night of 24th March, 1971, which would prove their presence in Assam or in any part of India on or before 24th March, 1971. All the names appearing in the NRC, 1951, or any of the Electoral Rolls up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 together are called Legacy Data.
- Thus, there will be two requirements for inclusion in updated NRC – 1.) existence of a person’s name in the pre-1971 period. 2.) proving linkage with that person. For getting their names included in the updated NRC, citizens shall have to submit Applications Forms (familywise). Application Forms received by Govt shall be verified and based on the results of verification of particulars submitted by the citizens in their Application Forms, the updated NRC shall be prepared.
- However, to afford another opportunity to the applicants before publication of the final NRC, a draft NRC shall be published after verification of the Application Forms and the citizens given chance to submit claims, objections, corrections etc. After verification of all such claims and objections, the final NRC would be published.
- Citizenship being a subject of the Union List, policy decisions, guidelines and funds for NRC updation are provided by the Central Government but its implementation is done through the State Government machinery under the guidance of the Registrar General of India who functions as the Registrar General of Citizen Registration under Rule 15 of Citizenship Rules, 2003 as amended in 2009 and 2010.
2) Which of the following missile is also known as PJ-10.
3) Which of the following state is setting up AntiTerrorism force named “Kavach” –
- Haryana government will set up an anti-terrorism force (ATF) comprising specially trained recruits from the state police, to deal with present day security challenges.
Select Haryana police recruits will be trained by the National Security Guard (NSG).
4) Which of the following is correct wrt Scrub Typhus –
i. It is caused by a protozoan called Orientia tsutsugamushi.
ii. It spreads to people through bites of infected mosquitoes called chiggers.
A. i only
B. ii only
- It is caused by bacteria called Orientia tsutsugamushi.
It spreads to people through bites of infected larval mites called chiggers.
5) Which of the following is true in context of Strategic Policy Group –
i. It was first notified in 1962 to assist the Prime Minister for National Security.
ii. It deals in external, internal and economic security of the country.
A. i only
B. ii only
- It was first notified in April 1999 to assist the National Security Council. While the SPG notified in 1999 was a 16-member body, the new notification makes it an 18-member body with the cabinet secretary and vice-chairman of NITI Aayog as the new members.
- Other members that continue to be part of SPG are – -Chief of Army Staff -Chief of Naval Staff -Chief of Air Staff -RBI governor -Secretaries of external affairs, home, defence, finance, defence production, revenue, atomic energy, space, and National Security Council Secretariat -Scientific adviser to defence minister -Secretary (R) in Cabinet secretariat -Intelligence Bureau chief.