1) Which of the following option correctly explains the term ‘zoonoses’?
A. It is a term used to represent class of microorganisms which can reproduce all year along
B. They are infectious diseases of animals which can naturally be transmitted to humans
C. It is a name of ranching activity done in southern USA
D. It is a name of a fish which is found across eastern coast of Australia
- Zoonoses are infectious diseases of animals (usually vertebrates) that can naturally be transmitted to humans. Major modern diseases such as Ebola virus disease are zoonoses
2) Space X is a private aerospace manufacturer and space transport company. What is the name of its spacecraft which is first private spacecraft ever to reach International Space Station?
- Space X has developed the Falcon launch vehicle family and the Dragon spacecraft family, which both currently deliver payloads into Earth orbit.
3) What do you understand by the term ‘Excitonium’?
A. It is the latest metal found by scientists in periodic table
B. It is a new form of matter, existence of which has been recently proven by scientists
C. It is name given to Germanium ion when it shows superconductivity
D. It is a newly discovered planet in Andromeda Galaxy, made up entirely of plasma
- When an electron, seated at the edge of the crowded-with-electrons valence band in a semiconductor, gets excited and jumps over the energy gap to the otherwise empty conduction band, it leaves behind a “hole” in the valence band. That hole behaves as though it were a particle with positive charge, and it attracts the escaped electron. When the escaped electron with its negative charge, pairs up with the hole, the two remarkably form a composite particle, a boson an exciton i.e. a new form of matter.
4) In immunization programme of India, Rubella vaccine is included. Rubella is ________ disease-
- Rubella, also known as German measles or three-day measles is an infection caused by the rubella virus.
Rubella is generally a mild infection, but has serious consequences if infection occurs in pregnant women, causing congenital rubella syndrome (CRS).
CRS is characterized by congenital anomalies in the foetus and newborns affecting the eyes (glaucoma, cataract), ears (hearing loss), brain (microcephaly, mental retardation) and heart defects.
5) India has 3 staged nuclear power reactor program. Which of the following is associated with thorium fuel reactor cycle which also happens to be final stage of nuclear program?
- Watch This Video Here – https://youtu.be/1DUgHICtGSs (It helped in Mains as well)
KAMINI (Kalpakkam Mini reactor) is a research reactor at Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research in Kalpakkam, India. Designed and built jointly by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) it produces 30 KW of thermal energy at full power.