1. Which of the following statement(s) are correct –
1. The kharif crops include maize, soyabean, groundnut.
2. The rabi crops include barley, oats (cereals), mustard.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
2. ASH TRACK app to monitor fly ash has been launched by
a) Ministry of Environment & Forests
b) Ministry of Power
d) None of the above
3. Which of the following Environmentalists first gave the concept of Biodiversity ‘hotspots’ ?
a) Gaylord Nelson
b) Norman Myers
c) John Muir
d) Julia “Butterfly” Hil
4. Jelep La is in
a) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Arunachal Pradesh
5. Which of the following straits are correctly matched with the water bodies they link?
i. Tiran- Gulf of Aqaba and Red Sea
ii. Messina- Tyrrhenian Sea and Ionian Sea
iii. Mandeb- Gulf of Aden and Red Sea
iv. Karimata- South China Sea and Java Sea
a) i, ii, iii only
b) ii, iii only
c) i,iii, iv only
ANSWER & EXPLANATION
The kharif crops include rice, maize, sorghum, pearl millet/bajra, finger millet/ragi (cereals), arhar (pulses), soyabean, groundnut (oilseeds), cotton etc. The rabi crops include wheat, barley, oats (cereals), chickpea/gram (pulses), linseed, mustard (oilseeds) etc
Ministry of Power has launched Web based monitoring System and Fly Ash mobile application named ASH TRACK — enable better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants by providing interface be-tween ash producers (thermal power plants) and potential ash users such as –cement plants, road contractors etc.