HPSC Prelims Exam: General Studies Syllabus
The general studies syllabus is further segmented into six topics including General Science, Current events, History of India & Indian national movement, Geography (Indian and World), Culture- Polity- Economy of India, General Mental Ability. The detailed syllabus is mentioned below:
- General Science: Questions included in General Science covers general science, which deals with things happening in our daily life. Some of the subjects which candidates are supposed to study while preparing for this exam include Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- Importance of Current Events (National & International): This section includes current events happening both nationally and internationally.
- History of India and Indian National Movement: In this section, the questions linked to Indian history are asked in the exam. The kind of questions asked in the exam are related to the Indian National Movement, growth of nationalism, etc.
- Indian and World Geography: Questions will be based on the social, economical, and physical geography of India and candidates also have to prepare about Indian agriculture as well.
- Culture, Politics, Economy of India: Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge on the country‘s political system and Constitution of India, economic developments in the country, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- General Mental Ability: Haryana–Economy, and people. Social, economic, and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
HPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus
HPSC Prelims Exam: CSAT Syllabus
In 2016, the exam conducting authority introduced the CSAT, and the marks obtained by the candidates get counted for the HCS prelims result. Detailed UPSC Prelims CSAT syllabus is mentioned below:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (asked till Class X level)
- Data interpretation (asked till Class X level)