1) Which of the following places is considered to be the lowest point (lowest altitude) of India within its land boundary?
A. Cape Comorin
B. Kibithu (Arunachal)
C. Sir Creek
- Kuttanad is a region covering the Alappuzha and Kottayam Districts, in the state of Kerala, India, well known for its vast paddy fields and geographical peculiarities. The region has the lowest altitude in India, and is one of the few places in the world where farming is carried around 1.2 to 3.0 metres (4 to 10 ft) below sea level.
Kuttanadu is historically important in the ancient history of South India and is the major rice producer in the state.
Farmers of Kuttanad are famous for Biosaline Farming.
FAO has declared the Kuttanad Farming System as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS).
Four of Kerala’s major rivers, the Pamba, Meenachil, Achankovil and Manimala flow into the region. It is well known for its boat race in the Punnamada Backwaters, known in Malayalam as Vallamkalli.
The Nehru Trophy Boat Race is a popular vallam kali event held in the Punnamada Lake near Alappuzha, Kerala, India.
2) Isohyet is line joining places having equal
3) Look at following characteristics of a region –
i. Rainfall is less than 50 cm annually
ii. Mean temperature is around 25-30 deg Celsius
iii.Trees are not tall (6-10 m) and widely scattered
iv. Scrub vegetation like wild date palm and Neem.
The above can be found in –
A. Plains of UP and Bihar
B. Eastern MP and Chhattisgarh
C. Semi arid areas of Punjab and Haryana
D. Eastern Ghats
- All characteristics are part of tropical thorn forest type which are also found in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Telengana, Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
4) Which of the following is/are true about Banks Board Bureau (BBB) –
i. It is a department under Ministry of Finance
ii. RBI Governor is its ex-offcio Chairman
A. i only
B. ii only
- With a view to improve the Governance of Public Sector Banks (PSBs), the Government decided to set up an autonomous Banks Board Bureau.
The Bureau will recommend for selection of heads –
Public Sector Banks and Financial Institutions and help Banks in developing strategies and capital raising plans.
Banks Board Bureau has three ex-officio members and three expert members in addition to Chairman. All the Members and Chairman will be part time.
The BBB works as step towards governance reforms in Public Sector Banks (PSBs) as recommended by P.J. Nayak Committee.
5) Which of the following most closely explains an indemnity clause –
A. A contractual transfer of antiques
B. A contract specifying the imaginary aspects of a situation
C. A contractual transfer of risk
D. A contractual termination of marriage
- An indemnity clause is a contractual transfer of risk between two contractual parties generally to prevent loss or compensate for a loss which may occur as a result of a specified event.
6) Which of the following is correct in context of Allahabad –
i. According to Akbarnama Mughal emperor Humayun founded a great city which was called Ilahabas or Ilahabad
ii. It was later renamed to Allahabad by Shah Jahan
A. i only
B. ii only
C. Both are correct
D. None is correct
- Akbarnama mentions that the Mughal emperor Akbar founded a great city in Allahabad. Bada’uni and Nizamuddin Ahmad mention that Akbar laid the foundations of an imperial city there which was called Ilahabas or Ilahabad.
He was said to be impressed by its strategic location and built a fort there, later renaming it Ilahabas by 1584 which was changed to Allahabad by Shah Jahan.