1) A person to be appointed as district judge should have some qualifications. Which of the following qualifications are correct in this regard?
i. He should be in the service of the Central or the state government.
ii. He should have been an advocate or a pleader for seven years.
iii. He should be recommended by the high court for appointment.
A. i and ii only
B. ii and iii only
C. i and iii only
D. All of the above
- A person to be appointed as district judge should have the following qualifications: (a)He should not already be in the service of the Central or the state government. (b)He should have been an advocate or a pleader for seven years. (c)He should be recommended by the high court for appointment
2) Which among the following commissions was established by an amendment of the Constitution of India?
A. National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
B. National Commission for Minorities
C. National Commission for Women
D. National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
- National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) is an Indian constitutional body established through Constitution (89th Amendment) Act, 2003.
3) Which of the following are included in the state list?
Choose the correct option
A. i and ii Only
B. ii and iii Only
C. i and iii Only
D. All of the Above
- Forests are included in the concurrent list.
4) In news, Ultima Thule is –
A. It is the furthest Planetary System humans have ever explored
B. It is the furthest Star humans have ever explored
C. It is the furthest object humans have ever explored
D. It is the strongest metal humans have ever discovered
- NASA Spacecraft, New Horizons, Flies By Furthest Object Humans Have Ever Explored It will offer scientists the first up-close look at an ancient building block of planets The flyby took place about a billion miles beyond Pluto which was until now the most faraway world ever visited up close by a spacecraft.
5) Which of the following is/are true in context of Railway Board –
i. It was formed for the first time in India on the recommendations of Acworth Committee
ii. It is headed by the Railway Minister of India
A. i only
B. ii only
- In 1901, it was formed on the recommendations of Sir Thomas Robertson Committee Regarding the administration and working of the railways In 1905, its powers were formalised by Lord Curzon’s government. Pursuant to the Acworth Committee’s recommendations in 1921, the Railway Board was reconstituted with effect from 1 April 1924. It is headed by the Railway Minister of India.
6) Which of the following is correct in context of Core Industries –
i. The Index of Eight Core Industries falls under the purview of Ministry of Commerce & Industry
ii. The index is released on last working day of every week iii. The Electricity component also includes Electricity Generation imports from Bhutan
A. ii only
B. i & ii only
C. i & iii only
D. All are correct
- The monthly Index of Eight Core Industries (ICI) is a production volume index.
ICI measures collective and individual performance of production in selected eight core industries viz.
Coal, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Petroleum Refinery Products, Fertilizers, Steel, Cement and Electricity.
The Index is compiled and released by Office of the Economic Adviser (OEA), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
About Electricity Actual Electricity Generation of Thermal, Nuclear, Hydro, imports from Bhutan.