- States of matter, structure of atom, versatile nature of carbon
- Acids, bases, salts, corrosion in metals, action of soaps.
- Life on Earth – evolution, marine & terrestrial life. Human body and life processes, nutrition, disease – its causes & prevention, infectious diseases, lifestyle diseases.
- Public health initiatives, mother and child health, immunisation & vaccination, HIV-AIDS, TB, polio etc.
- Force-laws of motion & gravitation, Archimedes principle.
- Energy – kinetic & potential. Light – reflection & refraction – concepts and applications.
- Sound – propagation & reflection- concepts and applications.
- Electric current – concepts and applications.
- Computers and telecommunication – concepts and applications.
MPPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus
- Composition and structure of the atmosphere.
- Solar system – heat balance & temperature.
- Atmospheric circulation & weather system, water cycle.
- Climate change – fossil fuels, greenhouse gases, renewable energy, clean development mechanism, carbon credits.
- Water – oceans, rivers, glaciers, lakes, groundwater etc.
- Biodiversity & conservation.
- Soil – types, crops, food chain etc.
- Pollution & Toxicity etc.
Political Theory & International Order
- Basic concept of freedom, equality, social justice, rights & duties, citizenship, nationalism, secularism etc.
- United Nations and its organs/agencies, other international organisations like the World Bank, IMF, WTO, EU, G20, BRICS etc. and their role in the World peace, trade & development.
- Basic features, provisions, schedules of the Indian Constitution, key amendments. Panchayati Raj.
- Elections – People’s Representation Act, electoral reforms.
- Rise of regionalism and coalition politics. Armed challenges to the Indian state since independence.
History of India
- The Indus valley civilisation.
- The Aryan and the Vedic age.
- Jainism and Buddhism.
- The Maurya Gupta periods.
- Advent of Islam and Sultanate period (political, social & cultural).
- The Bhakti Movement.
- The Mughals (political, social & cultural till Aurangzeb).
- The coming of the European Powers and the advent of the British rule.
- The Mutiny of 1857.
- The British rule and the Indian National Movement (1857-1947)
- Indian economic development (1950-1991) – key economic policies, public sector dominance, bank nationalisation etc.
- Five year plans – key goals and main achievements.
- Liberalisation, privatisation and globalisation era since 1991 – key policies, decisions and results.
- Performance of Indian economy since 1991 – Growth, fiscal & revenue deficits, trade, commerce & balance of payments, inflation, growth of service sector.
- Key challenges and responses – agriculture and food security, industrialisation, poverty alleviation & employment, rural & urban infrastructure, social sector – health, education etc.
- Population – distribution, density, growth and comparison.
- Migration – types, causes and consequences.
- Human development. Human settlements.
- Land resources and agriculture.
- Water resources.
- Mineral and energy resources.
- Manufacturing industries.
- Planning and sustainable development in India.
- Transport and communication.
- International trade.
- Geographical perspective on selected issues and problems.
Geography of Madhya Pradesh
Forest, Forest Produce, Wildlife, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.
The climate of Madhya Pradesh.
Natural and Mineral resources of Madhya Pradesh.
Transport in Madhya Pradesh.
Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
Current events of national and international importance
General Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy.
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level).