HPPSC Latest Updates
- 10 February 2022: HPPSC Interview Schedule 2022 for AE, RO, Programmer & Others Out.
- 20 January 2022: H.P. State Legal Services Authority 2022: Apply 06 for Steno-Typist.
- 20 January 2022: HPSLSA Recruitment 2022: Apply for 07 Junior Office Assistant Posts.
HPPSC 2022 Important Dates
|HPPSC Exam Event||Date (Tentative)|
|Release of notification||May 2022|
|HPAS Application Dates||May 2022|
|HPAS Prelims Admit card||August 2022|
|HPAS Prelims Exam||September 2022|
|HPAS Prelims Result||October 2022|
|HPAS Detailed Application Form (DAF) for Main Exam||November 2022|
|HPAS Main Exam||November 2022|
|HPAS Interview call letter||December 2022|
|Declaration of Final result of HPAS||December 2022|
HPAS Exam Pattern
The HPAS Combined Competetive examination is conducted in the three stages, namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and finally the personal interview round.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice questions- Objective|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1- General Studies
Paper 2- Aptitude Test
|Duration of Exam||2 hours each paper|
|Number of Questions||100 questions per paper So 200 questions in total for Prelims|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted for every wrong answer.|
Marking Scheme Preliminary exam
|Paper||No. of questions||Marks allotted to each question||Total Marks|
|General Studies||100 ques.||2 marks each||200 marks|
|Aptitude Test||100 ques.||2 marks each||200 marks|
|Total marks||400 marks|
Main Examination- HPAS
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|Paper Counted for Merit|
|4||General Studies – I||200|
|5||General Studies – II||200|
|6||General Studies – III||200|
|7||Optional Subject – Paper I||100|
|8||Optional Subject – Paper II||100|
Personality Test – Interview Round
There is as such no specific syllabus for this round as it is an overall personality assessment exam. During the test, the questions asked by the interviewers may range from current affairs of national and international importance, and the socio-economic and political knowledge about the prevailing conditions in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The aspiring candidate must have the proper knowledge of the regional customs, culture and dialect of Himachal Pradesh. Also, candidates will be judged upon the soft powers like leadership qualities, communication skills, mental agility and critical understanding.
Syllabus of Preliminary Examination:
- GK topics
- Current affairs of national and international Importance
- Indian History and Civics
- Physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Socio-economic, political and cultural conditions of HP
- Indian polity and governance
- General Science and Environmental knowledge
- Basic numeration- class 10th level
- English Language- Comprehension and Composition
- Logical Reasoning
- Communication Skills
- General Mental Ability
- Verbal Reasoning
- Elementary Mathematics
Syllabus of Main Examination:
English Paper Syllabus
The English exam will check the clarity and precision in the language, grammatical expression and comprehension skills:
|English Topics||Marks Allotted|
|Comprehension of unseen passages||20 marks|
|Usage and Vocabulary||20 marks|
|English Writings like Composition, letter. application, Note, Report writing||20 marks|
|Precis (summary) writing||20 marks|
|English Grammar||20 marks|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
Hindi Paper Syllabus
This paper will test the Hindi in Devnagri script:
- Translation- English to Hindi
- Translation- Hindi to English
- Explanation of passages in Hindi
- Composition writing, Idioms, Corrections
Essay Paper Syllabus
The candidates have to write 900 words essay on any two topics out of the given choices in the question paper. The paper is designed to check the ability of the candidates to express their views coherently and produce a well-argued piece. It is advised to compose an original piece for the essay, along with correct usage of grammar. The candidates should have knowledge in the following:
- Societal knowledge
- Political issues
- Economic conditions
- Cultural aspects
- Historical facts and Understanding
HPAS Eligibility Criteria
Nationality– The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualification– A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from any university/ Professional Institution recognized by the Government or any equivalent qualification.
Desirable Qualification- It will be in best interests if a candidate has proper knowledge of customs and dialects of Himachal Pradesh as this will be suitable for appointment in the State.
HPPSC Application Form
- To fill the online application form for HPPSC HPAS 2022, the aspirants had to open the official website that is hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- To the home page, the aspirants would have to click the ‘Apply now’ option.
- Next, the candidates will receive the ‘Online application registration’ link.
- Now, the applicants have to click on the ‘new user sign up’ option.
- After that, they have to provide the detailed information asked on the page and then have to click on the ‘create user’ tab.
- In the next step, the candidates have to press ‘click here to apply’.
- Again, the aspirants have to provide the details like address, educational qualification and other basic details etc.
- Once you complete the previous steps, you have to upload the scanned image of the signature and photograph.
- Last you have to click the complete button.
- To complete the entire HPPSC Application form fill up process, the candidates have to pay the application fees by using the credit card/debit card/net banking.
|Candidates of other states||Rs.400/-|
|SC of HP/ ST of HP/ OBC of HP/ UR BPL of HP/ Ex-serviceman of HP (who are relieved from defence service on their own request)||Rs.100/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of H.P. (who are relieved from Defence Services after completion of normal tenure)/ Blind of H.P./ and Female candidates/Visually Impaired of H.P.||Fee exemption|