UPPSC Prelims Syllabus
- Current events of National and International importance: On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to know about them.
- General Science: This section questions will be from general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern: In History emphasis should be on a broad understanding of social, economic, and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of the nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism, and attainment of Independence
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only a general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Indian Governance and Polity: It covers details of Indian Polity, Economic, and Culture, questions will test knowledge of the country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian CulturePolitical System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development: Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialization: The questions will be in respect to problems and the relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanisation. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry, and Arithmetic)
- General English (class X level)
- General Hindi (class X level)