- States of matter, structure of atom, versatile nature of carbon
- Acids, bases, salts, corrosion in metals, action of soaps.
- Life on Earth – evolution, marine & terrestrial life. Human body and life processes, nutrition, disease – its causes & prevention, infectious diseases, lifestyle diseases.
- Public health initiatives, mother and child health, immunisation & vaccination, HIV-AIDS, TB, polio etc.
- Force-laws of motion & gravitation, Archimedes principle.
- Energy – kinetic & potential. Light – reflection & refraction – concepts and applications.
- Sound – propagation & reflection- concepts and applications.
- Electric current – concepts and applications.
- Computers and telecommunication – concepts and applications.
WBPSC PCS Mains Syllabus
WBPSC Mains Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for various papers in the WBPSC exam is tabulated below:
Paper Subject Syllabus Paper I Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Letter writing / Report writing, Precis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali Paper-II English Letter writing / Report writing, Precis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English Paper III General Studies I
- Indian History (special emphasis on National Movement)
- Geography of India (special reference to West Bengal)
Paper IV General Studies II
- Science and Scientific & Technological advancement
- Environment (Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone, Global Warming, Industrial and Environmental Pollution, Ozone Layer and related issues.)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Paper V Indian Constitution & Indian Economy
- The Constitution of India
- Central State relation, devolution of central funds to state
- Indian Economy (Planning and objectives of five years plan, Monetary policy and Functions of Reserve Bank of India, Central and State Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy of Government of India.)
Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Logical Deduction
- The forcefulness of the Arguments
- Implication of sentences
- Inferring from diagrams,
- Series, Letter series,
- Number Series, Analogy tests, Symbol Interpretation, Mathematical puzzles, Odd man out, Perception test, Non-verbal reasoning & Selecting the correct sequence.